Philippines also known as The Republic of Philippines is a South East Asian island in the Pacific Ocean. It’s well known for its rich diversity and abundant natural resources. It’s known to be the twelfth most inhabited country in the world. The literacy rate in the country is about ninety three percent. The country is home to many expatriates hailing from different regional and cultural backgrounds. Manila is the capital of the Philippines and Quezon City the most inhabited city in the country.
MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is one of the most attractive places for aspirants seeking quality MBBS courses at affordable cost. Philippine universities and schools have sent thousands of doctors and engineers to practice in the USA, United Kingdom and other developed western countries. Philippines has 2299 higher education establishments and 40 medical schools. One in every 10 doctors in the USA would have studied in a Philippines medical university.
JYU offers Indian students with a unique and easy to apply opportunity to Study MBBS in Philippines. JYU has direct access to all major universities and provides ease of access to the aspirants. Philippines offers affordable yet high quality education with a conducive campus environment that nurtures students towards positive career growth. Medium of instruction in the universities in Philippines is primarily English. Educational calendar year comprising of 2 semesters begins in June and culminates in March in the following year.
Benefits of Studying in Philippine
- Easy availability of Indian Food
- Medium of instruction – English
- Low tuition fees for MBBS courses
- All medical programs are for five years
- Students don't need to qualify IELTS or TOEFL
- Cost of living is low. Friendly and welcoming people
- All universities are approved by WHO and MCI
- The number of Indian students exceeds 15,000
- Exposure to a global setting, culture and education system
- Academic programme is in accordance with world standards
- Students can easily target to qualify USMLE, PLAB and MCI screening tests
- Philippines is considered an entry path towards realizing future employment immigration into Canada, U.S.A. and the U.K.
- Medical students passed out of Philippines are considered to possess the highest probability of qualifying MCI screening test as per statistics.
- Philippines being the third largest English speaking country in the world, doesn’t create any language barrier for newcomers
Philippines is the world’s third largest English-speaking country with a highest English accomplishment rate in Asia. The mode of instruction in all universities is predominantly English which is also the widely-used language for business communication and trade. Degrees are duly Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI). Quality medical education recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED of ECFMG- USA, MCI, FAIMER, USMLE and various other global organisations and government bodies. Universities in Philippines implement modern teaching methodology with first class facilities and equipment and a well-established infrastructure. Whilst pursuing medicine in Philippines students have the option to begin preparations for the US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) for Post Graduate Degrees
- Excellent hands on practical approach
- Separate Hostel for boys and girls.
- 5 years for complete degree
- Availability of Indian food for students.
- Asian country with close proximity to India
- Easy accessibility with many daily flights
- Extensive info and syllabus similar to that in India
- Excellent boarding and lodging provided by the university
- Late night libraries and other complementary facilities
- Global exposure by studying alongside various nationalities
60% in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) in Board Exam 10+2 and good marks in English as Compulsory Subject.
Start from 19 Lakhs onwards For the Whole Course
Top Philippines Medical Colleges
- University of Perpetual Help – Las Pinas
- AMA College of Medicine – Makati, Manila
- Angeles University Foundation, Angeles
- Bicol Christian College, Legaspi
- Emilio Aguinaldo College. School of Medicine – Manila
- Cagayan State University, Tuguegarao
- Cebu Institute of Medicine – Cebu
- Central Philippine University College of Medicine – Iloilo
- De La Salle Health Sciences Institute, Dasmariñas
- Far Eastern University – Dr Nicanor Reyes Foundation Institute of Medicine, Quezon
- Lyceum North Western College. Dr Francisco Q. Duque Foundation, Dagupan
- Mindanao State University – College of Medicine, Tibanga, Iligan City
- Our Lady of Fatima University, Valenzuela
- San Beda College – Manila
- South Western University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College – Cebu
University of Northern Philippines – College of Health Sciences, Tamag, Vigan City
- University of Santo Tomas, Manila
- University of St. La Salle – Bacolod
- University of the City of Manila, College of Medicine – City of Manila